DiversityFIRST™ Training Offerings
All sessions listed are full day workshops that take place from October 27 - November 5*. There will be a limited number of participants per classes. The cost per workshop is $899*. You can register here.
DiversityFIRST™ DEI Certificate
DiversityFIRST™ ERG Academy Certificate
DiversityFIRST™ Inclusive Leadership Certificate
DiversityFIRST™ Unconscious Bias Certificate
The entire world continues to become more diverse, and that includes employees, customers and clients across the profit, non-profit and government sectors. In today’s climate, all professionals need to understand the basics of diversity, equity and inclusion. DEI is about much more than simple compliance; to succeed in today’s world in any aspect of business or services, enterprises must leverage diversity for strategic advantage and have DEI integrated into all aspects of their operations.
- The basic definitions of diversity, equity and inclusion; including the evolution of the diversity field and theories of diversity.
- A deep dive into the many dimensions of diversity.
- The compelling business case of diversity, equity and inclusion, including how to calculate a financial business case.
- Why and how DEI must be part of any organization’s core strategy.
- An introduction on the various organizational processes that DEI can impact.
- An introduction on how to build DEI into your organizational culture.
ERG Academy Certificate
The mission of the DiversityFIRST™ ERG Academy is to be a resource to both individuals and organizations seeking to start, grow or fully utilize their employee resource groups. The academy blends theory and practice over a full one day interactive curriculum, with the development of an action plan to effectively lead ERGs for the greatest business impact and sustainability. After completion of the sessions, participants will:
- Articulate the compelling business case for ERGs
- Gain the most current knowledge and trends related to ERGs
- Identify the mechanics for successful formation and nurturing of ERGs based upon a wide range of best practices
- Understand how to work effectively with diversity councils, HR leadership, and various ERGs within the organization and across industries
- Apply the competencies needed for successful ERG leadership within various roles including ERG leaders, ERG executive sponsors, and HR practitioners charged with ERG efforts
- Develop an action plan with strategies and tactics for ERGs, including metrics to measure effectiveness
Inclusive Leadership Certificate
The demographics of the USA continue to rapidly change, and in two decades we will be a “Majority Minority” country. In addition, the internet economy enables organizations to have employees, suppliers and customers anywhere in the world. As the employee base, management teams and even executive leadership becomes more diverse, the most successful leaders will need to practice inclusive leadership. Today more than ever, we need business leaders who assert their commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and the community. This session will include:
- The business case for inclusive leadership – why is it critical in today’s rapidly changing world.
- The growing areas of diversity that leaders need to understand – gender and gender identity, race, generational, cultural, sexual orientation, people with disabilities, cognitive and more
- A deep look at the characteristics of an inclusive leader.
- How inclusive leaders be allies and mentors to diverse communities.
- How to personally become a more inclusive leader and how to promote inclusive leadership across your organization.
Unconscious Bias Certificate
Unconscious Bias is a pervasive phenomenon that greatly impacts our personal lives and the workings of all organizations. Unconscious bias refers to the attitudes of stereotypes that affect our understanding, actions and decisions in an unconscious manner. And even though it is often hard to admit or see that everyone has unconscious bias, it can easily impact and even derail the best intentions of fostering inclusion within an organization. This session includes:
- Understanding the concepts of unconscious bias and its relationship to stereotyping, micro-inequities and “the isms.”
- Understanding the impact that unconscious bias and its relatives can have in personal as well as organizational dynamics.
- Having the tools and processes to address and mitigate unconscious bias in your personal life as well as in your organization
- Leaving with helpful ideas and next steps to take and commit to action.