DiversityFIRST™ Training Offerings
All sessions listed are full day workshops that take place from April 18-21. There will be a limited number of participates per classes. The cost per workshop is $899. You can register here.
DiversityFIRST™ DEI Certificate
DiversityFIRST™ D&I Strategy Certificate
DiversityFIRST™ Diversity Score Card Certificate
DiversityFIRST™ Emerging Leaders Certificate
DiversityFIRST™ ERG Academy Certificate
DiversityFIRST™ HealthCare Diversity Management Certificate
DiversityFIRST™ Inclusive Leadership Certificate
DiversityFIRST™ LGBTQ+ Certificate
DiversityFIRST™ Score Card Certificate
DiversityFIRST™ Social Justice Certificate
DiversityFIRST™ Talent Certificate
DiversityFIRST™ Unconscious Bias Certificate
The entire world continues to become more diverse, and that includes employees, customers and clients across the profit, non-profit and government sectors. In today’s climate, all professionals need to understand the basics of diversity, equity and inclusion. DEI is about much more than simple compliance; to succeed in today’s world in any aspect of business or services, enterprises must leverage diversity for strategic advantage and have DEI integrated into all aspects of their operations.
- The basic definitions of diversity, equity and inclusion; including the evolution of the diversity field and theories of diversity.
- A deep dive into the many dimensions of diversity.
- The compelling business case of diversity, equity and inclusion, including how to calculate a financial business case.
- Why and how DEI must be part of any organization’s core strategy.
- An introduction on the various organizational processes that DEI can impact.
- An introduction on how to build DEI into your organizational culture.
D&I Strategy Certificate
As the entire world - employees, customers and clients across the profit, non-profit and government sectors – becomes more diverse, business leaders are embracing the need for strong diversity and inclusion initiatives. Instead of simply executing disconnected diversity and inclusion tactics, the leading enterprises understand the importance of building a comprehensive cohesive D&I strategy. The strategy must focus on how to leverage diversity for strategic advantage and getting D&I integrated into all aspects of operations. This session includes:
- A quick summary of the compelling business case of diversity and inclusion.
- Why and how DEI must be part of any organization’s core strategy.
- How to tie D&I to an organization’s vision, mission and values.
- Practical suggestions for building a multi-year DEI strategy including key components to include in the strategy such as recruiting, employee retention, growing sales and service levels and more.
- How to get executive buy in and ownership of the D&I strategy
- How to prioritize the various items and operationalize components of the strategy.
Diversity Score Card Certificate
There is now universal agreement on the business rationale for diversity and inclusion in practically any type of profit, non-profit and governmental enterprise. In today’s world, we see many types of diversity and inclusion strategies and tactics evolve, but then how do we measure that the strategies and programs are effective? Measuring the positive impact of D&I strategies and programs and demonstrating return on investment is a key area that many D&I leaders and professionals struggle with. This session will include:
- A quick overview of the business case of diversity and inclusion.
- What items should and could be measured in establishing a diversity scorecard.
- The importance of establishing accountability.
- Types of measurements including quantitative vs qualitative, and internal vs. external.
- Samples of diversity and inclusion benchmarks, and scorecards.
Emerging Leaders Certificate
Being a young leader of diverse, multi-generational teams can be particularly challenging. It is critical as an emerging leader to obtain the tools and build the skills to succeed as a leader in an increasingly complex world. This session for emerging leaders will:
- Review the growing areas of diversity that leaders need to understand – gender and gender identity, race, generational, cultural, sexual orientation, cognitive and more.
- Examine the characteristics of an inclusive leader.
- Discuss the challenges young leaders face in leading cross-generational teams, including people who may be 20 or 30 years older that you.
- Deeply examine the characteristics of the multiple generations in the workplace including work and communications styles.
- Introduce how engaging in mentorship relationships can accelerate growth as an emerging leader.
Inclusive Leadership Certificate
The demographics of the USA continue to rapidly change, and in two decades we will be a “Majority Minority” country. In addition, the internet economy enables organizations to have employees, suppliers and customers anywhere in the world. As the employee base, management teams and even executive leadership becomes more diverse, the most successful leaders will need to practice inclusive leadership. Today more than ever, we need business leaders who assert their commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and the community. This session will include:
- The business case for inclusive leadership – why is it critical in today’s rapidly changing world.
- The growing areas of diversity that leaders need to understand – gender and gender identity, race, generational, cultural, sexual orientation, people with disabilities, cognitive and more
- A deep look at the characteristics of an inclusive leader.
- How inclusive leaders be allies and mentors to diverse communities.
- How to personally become a more inclusive leader and how to promote inclusive leadership across your organization.
As the acceptance of LGBTQ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer) people and their economic power continues to climb, fully understanding and embracing LGBTQ diversity is truly a critical business and organizational imperative. This session will start with the compelling rationale for all organizations to fully embrace LGBTQ inclusion to building the business case and then moving to the many policies and programs to implement. In addition, a deep dive into the hot transgender and gender transition areas will be provided, including workplace policies to support transgender employees. This session will include
- Why is this important? The changing landscape of the workplace and marketplace. Do we really need to talk about sexual orientation at work?
- Basic definitions around sexual orientation and gender identity / expression.
- Qualitative and Quantitative business case for LGBT diversity.
- The many policies and programs for implementing LGBTQ inclusiveness, including some innovative best practices
- Going deeper into transgender diversity – what is it, corporate policy, transitioning employee case management
- Where and how to start, and how to prioritize and scale for organization size
- How to interact in a respectful manner with LGBTQ people and being an effective ally.
Most executives do not realize that for almost all enterprises, their personnel costs are their organization’s largest investment / expenditure! In an increasingly commoditized world where almost all the same processes and materials are available to everyone, it is engaged employees and excellent leaders that will the differentiating factors to lead to success. What are you doing to leverage and protect this vital human resources investment? And as the world continues to become more diverse, how are you recruiting and building top notch diverse leaders and team? Contents of his session include:
- A review of the changing demographics of the labor pool and sources of talent.
- The business case and data on how the most successful organizations are recruiting and building the best talent.
- A deep dive into recruiting strategies and tactics for obtaining the best diverse talent
- An examination of D&I best practices as it relates to the talent life cycle, including how to onboard, motivate, retain and grow the diverse talent once it has been recruited.
- A discussion on mentoring and sponsorship, and its importance in developing diverse talent.
- An introduction to inclusive leadership and best practices for preparing diverse talent for senior leadership roles.
Unconscious Bias Certificate
Unconscious Bias is a pervasive phenomenon that greatly impacts our personal lives and the workings of all organizations. Unconscious bias refers to the attitudes of stereotypes that affect our understanding, actions and decisions in an unconscious manner. And even though it is often hard to admit or see that everyone has unconscious bias, it can easily impact and even derail the best intentions of fostering inclusion within an organization. This session includes:
- Understanding the concepts of unconscious bias and its relationship to stereotyping, micro-inequities and “the isms.”
- Understanding the impact that unconscious bias and its relatives can have in personal as well as organizational dynamics.
- Having the tools and processes to address and mitigate unconscious bias in your personal life as well as in your organization
- Leaving with helpful ideas and next steps to take and commit to action.